Stuff Someone Today at I Am A Stuffed Animal.com!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

I'm a Halloweener

     The time has come to start figuring out Halloween costumes.  My eight-year-old son, Ridley, has decided to be Joe Dirt.  How amazing is that?  I cannot wait to see this.  We have a friend who was Joe for Halloween a few years ago and still has the wig, so that's covered.  Next, we will have to put together an outfit.  We are thinking a flannel shirt with the sleeves cut off over a white t-shirt or wife-beater.  Then, all we will need is to draw on a scruffy goatee and presto---little Joe.  Don't worry, I will definitely post pictures.
     I really need some ideas for a costume for me that will accentuate and possibly poke fun at my giant belly.  I really don't want to bare the belly, though, and most ideas I've seen on websites involve a bare belly with things drawn on it.  That just really grosses me out for some reason, and I just really don't want my big vulnerable belly hanging out for all the world to see.

 
 

     I'm sorry, but the above picture and those like it are just...yuck.  Not doing that.  And if the baby starts moving you have a gyrating, distorted pumpkin.  No.  A couple ideas I've thought of are Pregnant Prom Queen 80s style, and Pregnant Schoolgirl.  Both are verging on inappropriate, but I think cute nevertheless.  Halloween is supposed to be an irreverent holiday. 
     I could really use some feedback on this.  I know I have a lot of lurkers, because I can see how many people view this page!  So, come on!  A little help here!

4 comments:

  1. My friend,Leah,wore a t-shirt and attached some doll arms and a head. It appeared as if zombie baby was emerging through the shirt. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=482263784399&set=a.460563974399.264390.645114399&type=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were a ninja turtle lover you could paint Krang on a shirt, right about the belly region.
    http://www.teesnthings.com/productimages/tv-show/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-t-shirts/tmnt-krang-tee-shirt.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain! This is the second year that I have had a problem with preggo Halloween costumes. There just aren't many and I don't understand it. This year I'm paying someone to make me a Care Bear costume. But I'm glad that this is most likely the last year that I have to be creative because of a pregnancy.

    By the way, I am also completely against naked pregnant bellies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Thanks for the input, guys. I'm glad someone else is disgusted by the naked bellies, Emily. Meranda, I saw a pic that was just like the zombie baby you are referring to. But it was just arms sticking out holding a trick-or-treat bag. I may do that one!

    ReplyDelete