Stuff Someone Today at I Am A Stuffed Animal.com!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

What Have I Been Doing?

     I just realized that I haven't posted in a couple of weeks.  Where the heck have I been?  Busy, I suppose.  And forgetful.  And as usual---a little worried.  That's just what I do.  At last week's doctor visit the nurse asked the doctor to come in and listen to the baby's heart on the Doppler because baby wouldn't be still long enough for her to listen.  Or at least that was her excuse.  When the doc came in she looked very worried and said that it sounded like the baby's heart at skipped several beats in just those few seconds.  She rushed me in for an emergency ultrasound while I silently freaked out.  We listened and watched baby's heart as he played around and practiced breathing.  Didn't know babies did that!  At that time, they only noticed one skipped beat in several minutes and the doctor also confirmed that if it was skipping at least it wasn't skipped in a crazy way as it would if there were an electrical problem.  But still, had to schedule a session on a heart monitor for the following week.  At about this same time I got the news that I had failed my glucose screening.  Ugh!
     So, this week has been busy.  Yesterday I got to do the glucose test again, but this time my blood was taken four times in three hours while I hung out in a waiting room for most of the morning.  Then today I went back to listen to baby's heart again.  Good news.  His heart sounds perfect.  Can't be thankful enough.  One thing to erase from my worry list.

     Also, had our baby shower!  The first I have heard of to be thrown by a man!  That's right, a male friend of Matt and me held the shower at his home.  He had it catered by our country club, and everything went off beautifully.  We had a great turnout, and got the most amazing gifts, and we feel so fortunate to have friends like we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment